Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bella Toile

I just love Bella Toile and combining it with my favorite current In Color, Calypso Coral, makes me happy. This card is for two challenges this week - Friday Mashup to use Versamark Resist and also Create with Connie & Mary which was a sketch challenge.

Again, I used the Color Coach for my color combo - those people at Stampin' Up! sure know how to combine colors!  I would never have thought of putting these three colors together, yet they work.


I stamped Bella Toile on Whisper White with Versamark, then sponged over the top with Calypso Coral to reveal the stamped image underneath.  I made some DSP flowers using the Boho Blossoms Punch and mounted them onto the card with dimensionals.

Here is the sketch:



Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Bella Toile; Petite Pairs
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze; Whisper White; 2011-13 In Color DSP; Brights DSP
Ink:  Versamark; Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon; Boho Blossoms Punch; Big Shot Tags Die; Wide Oval Punch

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

I agree, these colors are so fresh and modern! Love the embossed reveal with Bella Toile--gorgeous effect! So glad you joined us at CCMC!

Deb said...

These colors are so fresh and FUN! Love them together! And your background with the Bello Toile is so beautiful!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

I think the color coach is one of those items we don't really take advantage of...I've never been steered wrong with a color combo when using it. I like this colors...bright and fun! Great little card you could reproduce and just pop on a greeting when you needed one. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I like your take on our challenge this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Mary Brown said...

Such a happy card! Just love your 3D flowers! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO pretty...love the background resist! I've been making those 3D flowers a lot, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Rita W said...

Beautiful take on the two challenges! I love the ghosted background. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Aileen said...

The colours are fab. Lovely bright sunny card. x

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great.. I love that background stamps, it's one of my favs! The color coach is such a great tool to have on hand. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.