Sunday 22 April 2012

Apothecary Art Sympathy Card

I had this colored image lying around for a few weeks and thought I'd better put it to use before it got all mangled on my desk.  I copied the technique shown by Amy Celona who does gorgeous work.  This was my first attempt so I stuck to her colors, etc so I could compare at the end.  It's not as good as Amy's but I'm happy with it and will use this technique again.

I decided to use the Freshly Made Sketch challenge and the SUO Challenge to use something from the soon-to-end Occasions Mini.

On to the card.  I decided to keep a monochromatic look and in keeping with the look, went with a sympathy sentiment.


Here's the sketch I worked with:


Products used (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  Apothecary Art; Warmest Regards (retired)
Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy; Whisper White; Regals DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon; Basic Black
Accessories:  Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Blender Pen; White Taffeta ribbon (dyed with Not Quite Navy ink); Pearls

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is a lovely card! the blues are beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful coloring. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Pam W. said...

Simply beautiful card!

Lesley said...

Just a beautiful card, this set is so pretty and you have coloured it perfectly Karren!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Lesley

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! So glad you joined us at both the FMS and SUO Challenges!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! This set is so pretty for watercoloring. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.